Happy Earth Day!
Below you’ll find a list of the Porpoise team's favourite sustainability tips. When put in place these actions can be good for both your wallet and the planet!
- Turn off the lights, open up your curtains, and let in some natural light.
- Turn down your thermostat a couple of degrees and throw on a sweater.
- Use cold water rather than hot water whenever possible.
- Shower rather than taking baths when possible.
- Don’t run the tap continuously when shaving, brushing teeth, and doing dishes.
- Switch to LED lightbulbs.
- Shop locally when possible.
- Avoid purchasing single-use items (ex:disposable razors).
- Try to reduce food waste.
- Eat less meat, and more grains and vegetables.
- Use reusable straws and containers.
- Go digital/paperless when possible.
- Sort your garbage, recycle materials, and compost your waste.
- If possible, carpool with your friends or colleagues.
- Opt for human powered modes of transportation or public transportation.
Want to engage your workplace in a sustainability challenge? We can make it happen on the Porpoise platform! Encouraging green acts can be a fun way for your company to engage employees while playing your part to help our planet!